You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: New Album Thread

misterID wrote:

I doubt that set list pick with Hard School was just a coincidence.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when Axl and Slash first discussed the possibility of a GNR album. Hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, both men know it's what led to the original implosion....

Could've cut the tension with a knife.

Looking at it from this perspective, maybe not surprising it took awhile to get to this point.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall when Axl and Slash first discussed the possibility of a GNR album. Hundreds of millions of dollars at stake, both men know it's what led to the original implosion....

Looking at it from this perspective, maybe not surprising it took awhile to get to this point.

Slash said “yes, sir.” Probably not a lot of tension after the 10s of millions of dollars Axl put back in Slash’s pocket.

And yes obviously Slash is what brought people out to this GnR vs. prior versions but Axl is the one who held all the cards and made the final call.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

The biggest thing in regards to releasing new music has always been between Axl and the label. The last we heard was Axl talking about trying to renegotiate a new contract. Now you have Slash and Duff involved, who I have no idea what their deal is with RCA/Sony... They might want out of a record deal with Interscope/Universal.

Axl has way more power now with Slash and Duff. Just on the musical side, seeing how they approached Better, I'd love to see what they've done with the new music.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:
James wrote:
misterID wrote:

Good point. Realistically is that much money at stake for an album? I guess from the perspective of continuing a lucrative touring regime .
Ultimately, an album would have to be about the art, bookending a legacy and the fans. Hopefully that is front and centre.

Fortunes have been re-established and there is likely plenty more money on the table.

I imagine it will also come a lot down to how many  Paul “Yoko” Huge fingerprints are on  tracks being mooted also. Perhaps Uncle Axl wisely left them on the cutting room floor ?

wasted
 Rep: 4 

wasted wrote:

These days the albums role is a little different, it’s not everything but it’s like the flame thrower in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Just as they run out of ideas the album will set the pool on fire again for another 5-10 years of touring. The movie is already been made, everyone has a badass reputation, now just pick the right kind of gun for the last stand. I doubt it will be as all out about the art as CD. Bases are loaded bottom of the ninth. He points to the scoreboard.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Tour announcement, if it comes, is due in 6 to 7 hours.

gavgnr

gavgnr wrote:

Very disappointed if there’s no mention of a new album. I am refusing to budge from my position not to go to anymore shows without a new record

wasted

wasted wrote:

They will first play new songs live before a release. I think 2021 is wide open.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Date confirmed for Vienna on 9th June

https://www.pressreader.com/austria/kro … 3294107631

It says two concerts in Germany, and one in Switzerland as well

Board footer