You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: NA Dates going up on facebook for 2020

sp1at wrote:

The 5 million fans who went to the last concerts will not repeat. There will be some repeats, but it is all about the new chapter, and if GN'R do not deliver something different, it will be goodnight LA longer term. The repeat is too quick for a legacy tour, so it is make or break this time around.

The band have interviewed the new album thing for over a year, so it has to appear, or there has to be a new angle big enough to fill stadiums.

The period between now and the SA dates is crucial. The SA dates have not been overly lumped into next chapter, but there has to be a new song out during that stretch at some point, or some news.

Lol, the band will do just fine. The last tour was a big event, this tour will hoover up the casuals who heard about the last tour from their mates. They can keep the gravy train going for a good long while yet before they need to downsize. Worst case scenario, they whip out an Illusions boxset and tour that into the ground.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

So I am going to a show in the UK and a show in the US and I gotta say... you guys in the US get shafted on these ticket prices and these "service fees".

£280 total for two tickets in the pit in front of the stage in the UK, roughly $365 - still a lot of money but not too bad.
$616 total ($112 of which was "service fees") for two tickets in a seated section behind the pit, roughly £472. Total joke. Would have been same price for the pit but they sold out ridiculously fast.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Look they’re basically the Eagles of LA (harder) rock.

They’re not Mike Love’s touring Beach Boys band as Slash and Duff are still around.

It’s a cash grab. So pay ridiculous amounts of money for the tickets and buy the shitty made in Honduras tshirts as the band are too fucking lame to use a made in the USA source like Los Angeles Apparel (like Tom Petty did) or the US versions of Bella Canvas.

You’ll see a decent show like you’ve had for the last couple of years. Maybe an Illusions rarity will be played.

As for the Appetite 5 god that would be awful to see. That won’t be until they do the History of the Eagles documentary, sorry I meant Guns N’ Roses only on HBO. Then they’ll get your money by bringing back Izzy and Desperate Adler.

Sky Dog wrote:

Cash Grab Deluxe for 4 years! lol

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

Just heard the radio ad for Boston. “The Next Chapter” and “All New Show” while Jungle, SCOM, PC played in the background...

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Just heard the radio ad for Boston. “The Next Chapter” and “All New Show” while Jungle, SCOM, PC played in the background...

This is good news.

There's some ambiguous "Next Chapter" still being advertised. They could've easily switched that out.

As far as Jungle and SCOM, it makes sense. Radio is about instant recognition and making a strong impression. You could've asked for a medley like Boston 2002 but I don't know, it's fine.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Figures...I’m the best man in a wedding the day they come to Chicago

Tortilla_Man
 Rep: 1 

Tortilla_Man wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Sounds better than paying $350 to watch Axl go into his mickey voice on the 3rd song and struggle through the rest of the show in his weak falsetto.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

I think, based on the dates, I would point any expectation towards the European dates.

It is the European and NA dates that have been strongly promoted as next chapter, and there is a month gap between the SA dates and the European dates. Also, if you read back on some South American websites, some of the Spring dates may be re-arranged dates from last year. (As an example, Guatamala might have been November https://www.soy502.com/articulo/suspens … atemal-153 ) I know they were pointing at March, and something may happen in March. I just think the month gap implies that there will be other activity still ongoing after the SA dates.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Hey, mitch, good to see you again, man. smile

I'd wager they'll come back through in no time.

Board footer