You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:

But it's desperate to go through his speeches and find some colloquial expression used as a metaphor and then try and twist it retrospectively into a code word for people to riot.

The problem with that statement is they didn't have to go through his speeches or twist it retrospectively.

He said it to the crowd riling them up right before the Capitol was stormed.

If these people had went out for strawberry shortcake after the speech, I might be willing to look past it.

Instead of eating strawberry shortcake, they beat a cop to death and were looking for our vice president to hang him.

Rudy and Trump knew exactly what they were doing when talking to that crowd.  It's why they immediately left instead of marching with the crowd like he was supposed to.

it's gone from a riot, to an insurrection, to a failed coup.

We can call it a banana split if you want to.....

Doesn't change the fact that if it's successful, we currently don't have a vice president, house, or senate.

I would be fine with that if all the people calling it a failed coup will similarly consider the BLM riot where trump had to be put in the bunker a failed assassination of POTUS then.

There's a huge difference....

Trump was never in danger. There were not people being beat to death or shot at the white house or hordes of people walking the halls looking for him to hang him.

Do you really not see the difference?

As far as the rest of your post about extremists on both sides, hyper-partisan divide, etc I pretty much agree.

I have said for years that this shit is going to destroy this country if we don't get it under control somehow.

I believe that even more now.

Fact...

One side just attempted to overthrow the government. That has to be dealt with whether people like it or not. Since more attacks are being planned, the fact that we're seeing the areas of the internet these people use get censored is not shocking.

It's to be expected.

Is it a slippery slope? You bet your ass it is. Now isn't the time for that slippery slope to be on front street. There's more pressing issues at hand....such as armed dipshits going after Mcconnell, threats to assassinate Pelosi and Pence, threats for another attack on DC, threats to the inauguration,  and threats to storm many state capitals.

Big tech/social media and their influence can easily take a rain check for a couple weeks....and Antifa/BLM doesn't belong anywhere in the national debate right now. It's pure whataboutism and an attempt to deflect in the name of all things Trump.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It starts when everything is turned upside down. What's up is down and what's down is up. What's right is now left...and so on...

They started this all off with the phrase 'alternative facts' where they reinvented everything except for the wheel itself. It was a new language where everything had to be the opposite of the way it was no matter what. Just backlash against everything, everywhere and turn it upside down.

Even the word "facts" is used incorrectly. It's more like reality does not suit my views so I'll just invent something (or call it fake) that is closer to my world view.

I mean you still have people posting in this forum who ardently claim that the election was dirty despite the fact that the Trump got slapped down on most of these frivolous lawsuits by Republican judges.

I'm not really sure how there is a divide on the attack at all.  It's one of these basic black and white things that should be clear to anyone.  I'm also happy that the FBI has branded these people as terrorists and put them on the no fly list.  I notice that some of these people are upset and crying.  Well what the hell did they think would happen?  That they would get off scott free with no punishment at all?

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
slashsfro wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

It starts when everything is turned upside down. What's up is down and what's down is up. What's right is now left...and so on...

They started this all off with the phrase 'alternative facts' where they reinvented everything except for the wheel itself. It was a new language where everything had to be the opposite of the way it was no matter what. Just backlash against everything, everywhere and turn it upside down.

Well what the hell did they think would happen?  That they would get off scott free with no punishment at all?

From the looks of things, yes. That’s absolutely what they thought.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Total set up.... this shit started while Trump was still talking.

Truth will come out. Inside job

Looks like either Antifa/BLM or Deep State  did this to destroy Trump. How can Trump incite a riot that is already taking place while he is still talking over a mile away. Makes sense while people were guided in etc. Some damn fine reporting here.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like either Antifa/BLM or Deep State  did this to destroy Trump. How can Trump incite a riot that is already taking place while he is still talking over a mile away. Makes sense while people were guided in etc. Some damn fine reporting here.

oooo k

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

oooo k

Is Catherine lying? One of the most reputable reporters in all of news media? Something fishy as fuck here.

James

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Looks like either Antifa/BLM or Deep State  did this to destroy Trump.

I think you missed the updated talking points. The alt right doesn't want Antifa/BLM/Deep State getting credit for storming the Capitol. One reason they gave it up is because a shit ton of Republicans were caught doing this....and Republican reps and Senators cheered it on. Cruz and Hawley even asked for donations!

Are you telling me that Republicans were cheering on Antifa?

Or did the talking points revert back to accusing Antifa? It's hard to keep track. Last time they made fools of themselves with this  angle saying the dead were Antifa crisis actors and they're still alive.

Have the murder victims reverted back to crisis actors?

How can Trump incite a riot that is already taking place while he is still talking over a mile away. Makes sense while people were guided in etc.

He's done nothing but rage about it from election night until it happened. Are you telling me his followers ignored him that whole time and had no idea this was going on and storming the Capitol was a mere coinkydink?

James

James wrote:

Chronological playlist showing the storming of the Capitol...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P … xp-ZXCU6Ic

Look at all that BLM-Antifa!

Now compare those scenes to the BLM-Antifa video of your choice.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I think you missed the updated talking points. The alt right doesn't want Antifa/BLM/Deep State getting credit for storming the Capitol. One reason they gave it up is because a shit ton of Republicans were caught doing this....and Republican reps and Senators cheered it on. Cruz and Hawley even asked for donations!

Or did the talking points revert back to accusing Antifa? It's hard to keep track. Last time they made fools of themselves with this  angle saying the dead were Antifa crisis actors and they're still alive.

How can Trump incite a riot that is already taking place while he is still talking over a mile away. Makes sense while people were guided in etc.

He's done nothing but rage about it from election night until it happened. Are you telling me his followers ignored him that whole time and had no idea this was going on and storming the Capitol was a mere coinkydink?

Well the time line shows the breech happened while Trump was still talking well over 1 mile away. This was a set up... how can do few people breech without the huge crowd?

This did many things.....

1) Makes Trump look terrible
2) Show that Biden is a law and order president and have the nation rally around him
3) Disrupt the objection process where many Republicans then took back their vote to object.

Cops were arrested today for letting the people in and posing in photos with them.

Bombs planted at RNC way before all this to distract from Capitol?

People from inside building and out wooden club type items to the crowd outside. It all smells..

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Media told me that he incited the riot at the speech, except the people were already breeching the Capitol instead of being incited. Interesting.

Board footer