You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Current Events Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Flagg, Ole Ben is right on this one.

Sky Dog wrote:

amen....

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

For four years, we were informed by our establishment media that President Donald Trump’s behavior was “not normal.” The abnormality of Mr. Trump’s behavior became a near rallying cry for the self-appointed heroes of journalism, who spent every waking hour poring over his bizarre tweets and his bloviating self-absorption. The media dedicated themselves to preventing Mr. Trump’s supposed normalization.

Now, the media inform us, we have been graced by the most-normal normal person to have ever normalled: President Joe Biden. Mr. Biden, they proclaim, is utterly boring, nondescript, barely worthy of coverage. His administration, too, is paradigmatically normal. Yascha Mounk of The Atlantic tweets, “It is so nice to have a boring President.” Alleged media watchdog Brian Stelter asked this week whether Mr. Biden is “making the news boring again,” adding, “The Biden White House is clearly a break from the chaos and incompetence of Trump world.”

For his part, Mr. Biden obviously revels in this sort of coverage. This week, his favorite ice cream flavor (chocolate chip) was tweeted out as well as a retweet of first lady Jill Biden’s announcement that Champ and Major, the new first pets, had entered the White House.

On a personal level, Mr. Biden is clearly more “normal” than Mr. Trump — although treating Mr. Biden, a career politician worth nearly $10 million, as the height of normality is rather stunning. The goal for the establishment media isn’t to point out merely that Mr. Biden is a sort of American Everyman. It’s to use that supposed normalcy to disguise the fact that his agenda is absolutely abnormal.

The dirty little secret of the Trump administration is that despite Mr. Trump’s personal abnormality, his agenda was well in line with past precedent, and with mainstream American opinions on everything from taxes to military policy. Mr. Trump did not radically shift American policy. Mr. Biden will.

Within the first five days of his presidency, he issued 30 executive orders, compared with four for Mr. Trump, five for Barack Obama and zero for George W. Bush. Those executive orders included endorsement of radical reinterpretation of American history; killing the Keystone XL pipeline, along with its attendant estimated 11,000 American jobs; forcing the military to allow troops to undergo gender reassignment surgery; and forcing federally funded institutions to allow biological men who identify as transgender to compete alongside biological women, among others. He is reportedly pursuing an immigration plan directed toward reopening America’s borders. He has staffed his Cabinet by intersectional box-checking.

Mr. Biden’s policy is indeed radical. But because Mr. Biden is presented as a normal person, we’re supposed to ignore all of that. We’re supposed to simply be grateful for the “return to normalcy” — complete with caving to the teachers unions that seek to keep schools closed indeterminately, reentering a long-dead deal with the Iranian theocracy, firing government staffers with whom he disagrees and lying openly about the vaccine distribution plan he inherited.

Meanwhile, our media pat themselves on the back. It’s rare to see a profession declare itself irrelevant, but that’s what many in the media are doing these days. According to Stelter, it’s “refreshing” that Mr. Biden’s team promises accountability and transparency. According to Margaret Sullivan of The Washington Post, the media must learn their lesson from the Trump era and cover Democrats more sycophantically.

Joe Biden may be a relatively normal guy. But none of this is normal. And pretending it is represents just another way for the media to reject legitimate criticisms of an administration seeking radicalism right off the bat.

Ben Shapiro is the editor emeritus of DailyWire.com. He wrote this for Creators Syndicate.

Lol Ben Shapiro...

Who gives a fuck

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I was wondering if anyone around here saw the post flag made about me raising another man’s child and how pathetic that is. Along with mini deeply personal and severely underhanded comments below the belt.

When are we going to acknowledge that he’s a problem?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Holy shit, you can't make this shit up.  The picture at the top says it all to see how absurd this is.

https://www.axios.com/black-lives-matte … 96daf.html

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Sweet...we’ve bounced to the blame BLMs portion of the ping pong game...

Can’t wait til we get back to the transphobia portion.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It’s quite astonishing really...after all the terrible things I’ll bet there are members of this board that truly believe antifa attacked the capital.

There’s no end to the blame for BLM and antifa for some.

Trump was a miserable failure...time to accept that.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I was wondering if anyone around here saw the post flag made about me raising another man’s child and how pathetic that is. Along with mini deeply personal and severely underhanded comments below the belt.

When are we going to acknowledge that he’s a problem?

When are we going to acknowledge that you've used racial slurs here yet accuse others of doing it? Don't you think that might be a problem?

It's happening in both threads but I'm just going to address the mitch-Irish-Flagg issue here....

I don't know your personal lives. I also don't care(no offense). I only know what little gets told on the open forum other than the handful of times DTJ or someone else told me something in PMs. Back in 2006-08, I sometimes talked with members on messenger. I usually forget anything mentioned fairly quickly.

A lot of these little feuds going have lasted off and on for years. Sometimes there's a ceasefire. Sometimes the peace stays...until hostilities break out anyways.

Sometimes these feuds get personal....too personal. Those involved know a lot about one another, whether it's saying too much in the open, in PMs to various people, on social media, and believe it or not, through phone calls or meeting in person.

I have no influence, jurisdiction, or impact on anything that happens in those other areas. There's always more than meets the eye to these forum feuds.  I've learned that the hard way.

Don't want Flagg or someone else mentioning something in your personal life? Stop talking about your personal life...here or in private... anywhere members here can hear or see.

Stop fighting, baiting, or attempting to get into these public spats.  Nothing good ever comes from it. NOTHING.

None of you are innocent. Flagg can be on topic discussing Biden, Trump, whatever...and then one of you guys will jump in with some zinger that starts the shit show. Same with Flagg. You can be talking about something, he gets a little dig in, and it's off to the races....

I'm also sick of people claiming I take the side of a specific person. In a way it's funny because both sides have accused me of playing favorites with the other. I've also had both sides tell me I've done an ok job refereeing this shit. Then the attacks flare up again and it starts the whole cycle up again.

I'm not Little Red Riding Hood. I've been involved in some forum feuds before. You put your big boy pants on and move forward. Recently ID and I had a heated debate and I went a little too far. Did we turn it into some huge war that's gonna drag out for years? No. We addressed it in PMs and it's already over.

Flagg and SLC have an on/off feud that literally goes back to W's invasion of Iraq. I noticed on election night they actually had a brief discussion, no bullshit.

If they can bury the hatchet...even if never becoming friends again.... anyone can.

People not involved in it are sick of reading it. It kills the flow of discussion. It's time to man up, put the personal issues aside, and participate in the discussions. If anyone can't do that....just walk away.

It's a new chapter. Either participate in political discussions without the personal crap, insults, and baiting...or post in other forum sections or hit the logout button.

Before I get accused of aiming this at one person, it's for everyone.... including me.

Edit

mitchejw wrote:

II’ll bet there are members of this board that truly believe antifa attacked the capital.

This is a good example of one of the forms of baiting.  It's an attempt to get one of our red team members riled up and start a new round of fighting.

Yes....both sides do it. I'm pointing this one out specifically because it's the latest post.

There's a way to discuss these issues without doing that.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Yup, a lot of good discussions get railroaded with straw man arguments that turn into pissing contests. A lot of great points get lost, and I can get caught up in it, too.

Sky Dog wrote:

James, Amen to that to...what nobody gets in America is that everyone is wrong now.

Board footer