You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Wtf happened to…Shackler’s Revenge

metallex78 wrote:

Minus the jarring elephant noise intro, this is one of the best hard rockers on the album. And I think it takes the direction and style they started with on Oh My God, and slightly betters it. One of my favourites on the album.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James wrote:

Thunder Kiss stomps the guts out of this song and then dumps it on the side of the road.

I liked Shackler's when it first leaked...and yeah there's a Zombie influence...but the novelty wore off fairly quickly.

It doesn't really belong on the album. It doesn't fit with the theme of the record  and its placement in the track sequencing makes it stand out even more.

Should've been a B side to a single but of course...they don't do B sides.

Ironically, it was also the B side to the CD single.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Scraped is a good companion song to SR, imo. TWAT should have been the second song, Shacklers should have been saved for later in the album.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
misterID wrote:

Scraped is a good companion song to SR, imo. TWAT should have been the second song, Shacklers should have been saved for later in the album.

I appreciate what you’re saying but I think TWAT should have closed the album. How do you come back up from that outro (especially considering the material on the album). I think they should have chose between TWAT and Prostitute for the closer and left one off CD. But, they were both leaked so I guess…they both had to be on the album?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I appreciate what you’re saying but I think TWAT should have closed the album.

I've always said this and will go to my grave saying it.

That outro is sublime and feels like a Bucket tribute to Slash and the various GNR epics of yesteryear.

Also agree that out of the so called big guns...

TWAT
Prostitute
Madagascar
The Blues

One or two should've been left off. They're all covering the same ground. Throw Sorry into that mix.

We get it....Slash leaving was a nightmare,
a betrayal,  created huge obstacles, and you had to carry the load yourself.

What else ya got on tap? tongue

misterID

misterID wrote:

No way! Sorry is a far better closer than TWAT or Prostitute. TWAT was a song that should have hit the listener immediately.

Sky Dog wrote:

Off topic but album closers are way important in my overall enjoyment of an album. Coma was perfect for Uyi 1. It is absolutely criminal that Estranged didn’t close Uyi 2. 4

misterID

misterID wrote:

CD was a great opening track, TWAT should have been next. I still don't think Catcher belongs on the album.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

I’d love to hear the pre-BBF instrumental.

Manic Street Preachers all over the outro.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

Definitely one of the better tracks - actually sounds like a band on this as opposed to an ensemble studio project (which it essentially was). This is Bumblefoot's finest contribution for me.

Board footer