You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Current Events Thread

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea i do think….i think…why do these people who hate the MSM so much use tweets as w reason to post in this thread about nonsense.

If people can't use social media and/or news outlets, how the hell do you want them to get news...by seagoing pigeon?!?

That's not the point but I think you know that....

It's not that someone uses electronic media sources that directly come from MSM....it's that you simultaneously bitch about the ethics or approaches of MSM will you consume it willingly.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It's really quite a gift what the Republicans have done in Texas. When these whack jobs actually have power and this is what they do with it? Mississippi will have the same legal process go on right before next year's mid-terms. If this is the trend that Republicans plan to follow then they're gifting the House back to the Dems...

Keep it up!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Yea i do think….i think…why do these people who hate the MSM so much use tweets as w reason to post in this thread about nonsense.

If people can't use social media and/or news outlets, how the hell do you want them to get news...by seagoing pigeon?!?

It's not that someone uses electronic media sources that directly come from MSM....it's that you simultaneously bitch about the ethics or approaches of MSM will you consume it willingly.

I know what the point was....

If we complain about media outlets or social media, in your world this means we shouldn't use any of these outlets or we're hypocrites....

Yet for some reason...you're allowed to complain about them but continue to use them without criticism.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

mitchejw wrote:

"I know that the United States has given control over broadcasts to four companies/networks, and those same 4 companies dominate media information on cable networks.  But you're not allowed to criticize the opinions and narratives put forth by other human beings employed at the networks.  It doesn't matter if a network has a city in flames behind the anchor as the anchor tells us all is peaceable and quiet here.  A monopoly on information means a monopoly on information.  You can't be trusted to take the undisputed facts from a story, and inject and interpret on your own the nuance and context of a situation.  Yes, a 16 year old black girl was in the motion of plunging a knife into another teenager's chest, but that information isn't relevant to the broadcast story of another white cop gunning down another black person.  If you had that information or thought that fact a relevant part of the context, you might come to a different conclusion than Don Lemon.  And we can't have people thinking differently than what I want them to hear.  You're not allowed to view the video on an ABC newscast, and opine that the ABC anchor was wrong for not addressing it as part of the equation.

I personally don't pay much attention to any information stream, and just happen to vaguely recall the headlines of the algorithm provided headlines that scroll across my web browser.  It doesn't matter that in 2019 my party adamantly defended the filibuster and used it on nearly every piece of legislation.  It doesn't matter that I held this position just 24 months ago in support of it.  I have opinions that are entirely given to me by other people, and I'm going to defend them no matter how ridiculous I look or how unable I am to provide supporting documentation to prove what I think of reality is remotely represented in any data.  When others take different sources of confirmed data from multiple sources and confirm their own informed opinion, well that's just horseshit. 

I've never read Noam Chomsky nor am I aware that he was/is one of the leading progressive intellectuals of the 20th century.  Nor do I know most of his career has been on the science of language and communication, and how governments and media manipulate words to convince the general populace of non-truths.  But if I did know any of this, I would tell Chomsky to go fuck himself and to not spend thousands of hours analyzing print media to identify biases and disinformation injected into them. 

It's all or nothing.  If you don't want a Podiatrist doing your brain surgery, but want them to do your bunionectomy, just fuck right off. I never read more than one source on a subject because once I've found an answer I like, I'm committed to it.  Even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Love it or leave it, man.  Either you blindly accept the media's narrative, or you refuse to discuss the variance in narratives between networks and all the context and nuance a 2 minute segment between commercials left out.  Otherwise you're just a hypocrite."

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:

I know what the point was....

If we complain about media outlets or social media, in your world this means we shouldn't use any of these outlets or we're hypocrites....

Yet for some reason...you're allowed to complain about them but continue to use them without criticism.

No…that isn’t correct at all. I think this is exactly the kind of media Americans deserve. Especially after 7 pm on FOX.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Norm McDonald has passed….didn’t even know he was sick.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You keep saying this (while doing it yourself, on top of the spoon fed demented outrage over one cable network) and we've said, over and over, there are good journalists out there. You fall back on this lame argument whenever you don't have an answer for what's being discussed. You hate men, white people, America, sometimes the media when it suits you, and all of our problems are deserved, yet you continue to complain about it. Why don't you take your own advice?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Gavin Newsome easily wins recall election...by an enormous margin at that...

Caitlyn Jenner gets 1%...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Gavin Newsome easily wins recall election...by an enormous margin at that...

Caitlyn Jenner gets 1%...

I'm actually surprised Jenner didn't win...or at least make it close.

My mistake was believing it was anything more than a publicity stunt.

Had Jenner actually taken it seriously, our clown world would allow such a victory.

Next year's race may get interesting....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I’m not. The recall hasn’t been within the margin of error for months. This is a state that went 64-34 for Biden. It went 62% for Newsom in 2018. The idea that a Trump surrogate could get elected in California is almost laughable.

Board footer