You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GN'R 2021 Tour Thread

FlashFlood wrote:

I think it’s awesome Axl acknowledges VR…not gonna get picky about the song.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
elevendayempire wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

Madagascar has a ton of symbolism in the lyrics. It’s a classic Axl song which is easy for him to sing. It’s a no brainer that it is in the setlist. The songs I could do without are Better and Slither.

Better's kinda had its day now that the novelty of seeing Slash and Duff perform it has worn off. I'd swap it out for I.R.S. if it were me in charge of the setlist.

I'd keep Slither if Axl would LEARN HOW TO SING THE FIRST FUCKING VERSE and stop doing the high vocal line in the chorus. Failing that, swap it out for another VR song, it'd be nice to have a bit of variety on that score. Fall To Pieces would be nice, but they have more than enough ballads in the set. Set Me Free, maybe?

Even if he made his laziest attempt, "set me free" would be a mark out moment for me.

exoterica
 Rep: 18 

exoterica wrote:

Did you guys enjoy all those changes to the setlist?

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611227ed10157a6ca240ff528f6d0386505dff30a6a&rid=giphy.gif

Haters Gonna Hate
 Rep: 1 

same exact show two nights in a row lmfao

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

That sucks. The momentum and excitement created by Absurd has already faded to zilch

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I'm supposed to go see them at Wrigley in a few days...I've never been less excited for a Gn'R concert. I'm seriously considering looking into selling the tickets.

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

Well here is a new Rolling Stone article about Axl talking about the origins of Don’t Cry from some New Jersey footage.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi … ig-1224646

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I'm supposed to go see them at Wrigley in a few days...I've never been less excited for a Gn'R concert. I'm seriously considering looking into selling the tickets.

Just go.... there's a small chance that your show gets the debut of Hard School.

Having said that...I have no room to talk. I skipped the show here in Cali.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Oh hey, we get to hear the second half of the song now:

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Just go.... there's a small chance that your show gets the debut of Hard School.

Having said that...I have no room to talk. I skipped the show here in Cali.

My buddy offered me $50 tickets he isn't using. I passed it up. I have no desire to see this show at the moment. If it weren't at Wrigley, perhaps, but that's a terrible place for a show, other than the optics.

Board footer