You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Current Events Thread

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

FAA just made the bridge in Del Rio Texas a no fly zone so Fox News can’t fly their drone to report on the border crisis.

Is this not abuse of power?

[/embed]

Awful... almost beyond words.

It reminds me of that old Bush quote(or was it Cheney?) about creating new realities which allows you to control and narrate the propaganda.

Want the border issue to fade into the background during the pandemic? No need to actually solve the problem...just prevent people from documenting it and showing it occuring while pretending nothing is happening or even worse.... claiming you fixed it!!

Same thing with children in cages....

It went from a war crime being compared to Auschwitz to no big deal at all  and the only real difference between then and now is the number of cages increased !

Aussie wrote:

Whilst the previous guy with the orange face certainly had his share of cringey moments. This guy is just as bad in his own way lol

“That fellow down under…thank you very much pal”.  Fucken funny.

Embarrassing.

This period is not going to be looked back on fondly by historians.

First question they're going to ask is....

Why did you people elect a guy who forgets that his wife isn't his sister 50% of the time?!?

He can have index cards in his hand and a teleprompter in his face and he still doesn't know the names of world leaders....yet Trump caused nationwide conniption fits when he would pronounce someone's name wrong.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Just wait until Kamala gets in there. We ain't seen nothing yet.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

If you look back fondly on how Trump handled anything i deeply question your judgment.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

If you look back fondly on how Trump handled anything i deeply question your judgment.

Just because someone isn't fond of Biden doesn't mean that they're fond of Trump.

It's possible to believe that Trump World was a shit show while the current fiasco is digging the hole even deeper.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

So now that it's confirmed Biden's drone strike that he and the media celebrated as being tough has been confirmed by the Pentagon to be a murder of 10 innocent civilians with no ISIS-K members in the strike, does anything happen?  Or does the Orwellian response to violence and incompetence shield Biden from any accountability?  Is there a point where the people who bought into the hysteria over Trump do any reflection and recognize who they put into office and how incompetent and damaging Biden has been?  The man botched Afghanistan's withdrawal because he lacked any plan, rushed in Soldiers to prevent a massacre and got 13 of them killed in a suicide attack, then launches a retaliatory drone strike that murders 10 innocent Afghani's including 7 children.  In my not so humble opinion, if you remain silent now after spreading all the lies about Russian collusion and every other wacky conspiracy the corporate media peddled for viewers, you are an absolute fraud.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

I mean you can think whatever you want....you were awfully quiet during all the bullshit in Syria and you didn't utter one word about the people dying in the middle east and Asia over the past 5 years.

I think it's quite opportunist that you basically keep making the same post over and over again.

Lumping Russia collusion into this for some random ass reason is laughable and shows me you're only interested in stirring the pot.

When are we going to address the obscene money the government throws at our military to do nothing except occupy foreign countries. What other industry do you get to retire after 20 years with a full pension and benefits? The military industrial complex is the single most bloated piece of the budget in our country. We've gotten almost zero return on that investment as a country.

Randall Flagg

mitchejw wrote:

I mean you can think whatever you want....you were awfully quiet during all the bullshit in Syria and you didn't utter one word about the people dying in the middle east and Asia over the past 5 years.

I think it's quite opportunist that you basically keep making the same post over and over again.

Lumping Russia collusion into this for some random ass reason is laughable and shows me you're only interested in stirring the pot.

When are we going to address the obscene money the government throws at our military to do nothing except occupy foreign countries. What other industry do you get to retire after 20 years with a full pension and benefits? The military industrial complex is the single most bloated piece of the budget in our country. We've gotten almost zero return on that investment as a country.

Actually, Mitch.  I was very vocal about my opposition to Trump's escalation of force in Syria. It turned out he was right and I was wrong since he removed ISIS from Syria and Iraq, but my opposition to the strikes after reports of Assad using gas are well documented on this forum.  It's not opportunist when the story broke today that the Pentagon is now confirming no ISIS-K members were present in the strike and 7 of the dead are children.  Biden, the Pentagon and the media previously reported it was a smashing success of revenge against the bomber who killed 13 Americans and several hundred Afghani's.  The only hypocrites are those who parroted garbage media headlines about how Trump was destroying our image abroad, when it's been the G7 condemning Biden for his atrocious handling of Afghanistan and the latest nuclear deal with the UK, Australia and France. I'm not shocked you're ignorant of all of this, because you've made it known you make no effort to stay informed. 

People that preached Russian collusion should be embarrassed as they're just as uninformed and irrational as the morons who think the election was stolen or that Democrats harbor children in a pizza basement for good times.  The only difference there is a million+ more mouth breathers who bought hook, line and sinker any outrageous story about the former White House occupant, but are conveniently absent and silent as all of their predicted fears under Trump actualize under Biden. 

Your attack on a military pension for those who make 40k a year and deploy to act as the sword of the US is the bait and stirring the pot.  Thanks again for proving you never have anything informed or original to contribute, just weak deflections from any criticism toward your adopted outsourcing of thought.  I don't get any pension, I only did 9 years so if that was a dig at me, you failed.  If you can't explain why Biden is so great and all your reasons for why Trump was so bad are debunked, maybe you should just sit in the corner and acknowledge you don't have a clue and are only here for attention.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Civilians have been killed by drone strikes in Afghanistan on a regular basis. Each incident is hideous and sad. None is worse than the other. We droned 30 civilians in September 2019. I doubt we even mentioned it here. Certainly there were no calls for Trump to resign or face consequences. https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/9/2 … 30-farmers

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Without looking them up, I remember a Doctors Without Borders facility/field hospital being droned and a wedding party droned because they were celebrating by firing into the air. I don't even know which administrations anymore.

Randall Flagg

Collateral damage and the misuse of drones has been an ongoing issue for over a decade.  Obama bombed the wedding for those keeping score at home.  But all of that is distinct and separate from a "targeted retaliation" the CiC hopped on national TV to celebrate and assuage the concerns of the American people who were horrified that 10k+ Americans were stranded and 13 American military members killed because the Biden administration failed to plan and execute an orderly withdrawal.  Biden promised that he would hold the terrorist responsible for the Kabul bombing accountable.  He got on national TV and said this.  Then he bombed a civilian bringing water to his children, killing all of them.  He then got on national TV and celebrated this bombing, telling Americans we got the guy behind the Kabul bombing. 

I just can't take serious the folks who parroted every far left media conspiracy over the past 4 years remaining silent as the current occupant executed the largest foreign relations blunder in at least half a century, then murders 10-13 civilians, and celebrates it as a victory.  If you think for a moment that if Trump was in the WH when this happened every pundit and media outlet in the world would be comparing him to Hitler and genocide, but a major story like this is ignored in favor 2 kids killed in a school shooting, a pretty white woman being snuffed by her fiance and more Covid hysteria, it's clear we're not operating from the same objectivity book.

Board footer