You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: Current Events Thread

misterID wrote:

I don't think Ivanka is as bad as her father, but yeah. His rallies have been way, way low on attendance. The only reason he was elected were from moderate protest votes. I don't think they'll be there like they weren't in the last election. I don't want to see Biden vs Trump part II.

Desantis is a pussy who's too afraid of Trump.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:

Don't want to see Geriatric Joe vs Trump round 2.  Get a younger candidate in there, both parties.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Dead on. Agree with it all

misterID

misterID wrote:

Purely anecdotal, but some ultra progressive friends are so happy that they're moving from Oregon to Tennessee because of the low taxes and no homeless. This is hilarious. I mean, dude, you're literally running away from your political beliefs!

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
misterID wrote:

Purely anecdotal, but some ultra progressive friends are so happy that they're moving from Oregon to Tennessee because of the low taxes and no homeless. This is hilarious. I mean, dude, you're literally running away from your political beliefs!

LOL money trumps everything.  Also read something from Carville a few weeks ago where he stated that there are only like 7% of Democrats that identify themselves as ultra progressive.  That part of the block has always been overstated.  And honestly they are mostly all talk and no bite types.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Big corporations are making massive profits right now...yet, we're supposed to believe that the economy is bad...Republicans are expelling anyone who is anywhere near the center...massive voter suppression efforts across the country....Republicans counting their blessings while putting forth deranged, far right policies on abortions, forcing religion back into government and doing their best to destroy what's left of the public school system.

And January 6 is now simply political discourse....

TheSundanceKid
 Rep: 30 

I'm with Neil on GMOs.

In Europe it's labelled. I wouldn't trust Monsanto as well.

Dude does have integrity. He's wiling to lose his pennies from Spotify for a cause he believes in.

Caring what celebrities think is annoying. They have a false sense of reality.

Back to the Neil thing, he has been consistent in his life on his liberalism.

Anyhow, I was observing the Windsor protest this week. Took some pictures. Big time white crowd blocking the Ambassador bridge. Crazy that the police let it go on for as long as it did. They should have been arrested and tear gassed. You can't let a fringe minority disrupt billions in trade.

And for the US that wants buy American and not rely on Canadian automotive parts, it's a good day for them.

Which brings us to the global scale now. A overt reliance on China is so detrimental to National Security. Republican and Democrat business leaders are god damn sell outs. Since the 80s. This translates in my eyes as a problem when a conflict with China arises. Supply chain that relies on China so much, makes it impossible to have a serious conflict or severe trade sanctions. Or if a conflict arises China has the upper hand due to supply chain reliance. And if it's shifted to other countries like South Korea or Vietnam or where ever in Asia, China can disrupt those as it's in her sphere.

I think that businesses that outsource like this should face such severe penalties, but, that ain't going to happen.

misterID

misterID wrote:

Neil never answered what exactly Joe said that he opposed, because more than likely, he never listen to the show. Joe at least came out and clarified his stance and that he'd be more thoughtful in the future, but not backing down at the same time. Neil basically replied by saying Spotify employees should quit, and still refused to say exactly what Joe said that was dangerous. I think Neil truly expected them to fire Joe.

Neil is just a weird dude.

China's grip on social media and entertainment is just as insidious, if not more so, as their trip on politicians.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Neil doesn't want to eat GMO but he wants to inject it? It seems all logical thinking has gone out the window with this covid thing.

Board footer