You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: More leaks soon?

Saikin wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

another reason the fanbase was that much more enthused in years gone by has to be the fact we only had a shitty IRS demo and some live versions of Blues, Maddy and CD (well Silkworms and Rhiad too)

now we have an albums worth of studio material. Some of the gloss and mytique is simply not there the way it was between 2002 - 2005

A lot of the mystique is gone from this project. 

Because TWAT made it so far in the elimination thread, i gave it a listen again yesterday.  Then i gave the 2006/2007 version a listen, the one without the weird intro and without the beefed up rythym parts.  I have to say, i like the 2006 version a lot better.  To me, that song has more balls back then.

Time has taken away a lot of that mystique.  Since 2005, we've got a stream of good quality leaks, progressing to these current ones that seem finished. 

For me, the anticipation has gone down a lot.  I'm not excited for this album like i was before.  Doesn't mean i won't still buy it the day it comes out and listen to it on repeat for a while, it just means that i too am diving into other music as well.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
jimmythegent wrote:

another reason the fanbase was that much more enthused in years gone by has to be the fact we only had a shitty IRS demo and some live versions of Blues, Maddy and CD (well Silkworms and Rhiad too)

now we have an albums worth of studio material. Some of the gloss and mytique is simply not there the way it was between 2002 - 2005

Yeah, and alot of that mystique is what produced such great discussions in the past. Now there's more of a "just give me the fucking album, I'm tired of waiting" vibe running through the veins of the fanbase. Its understandable. It was only a matter of time before it had reached that point. We got a glimpse of this when Baz released Angel Down. It was hyped for a month or so, and nutswingers started saying they were buying 3 copies. In reality, everyone shared the same download link and proceeded to dump the tracks in the garbage can.Nobody cared. The fanbase only cares about one thing now, and Axl and Beta might hate to hear this, but we don't care about Slash, missing bikes, TSI updates, or whatever other propaganda they're gonna force feed the sycophants.

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

too right James 14

gone are the days when there was good natured disagreement and curiosity

hell, even AxlRoseVen making a re-appearance would be something?

at least the old nutswingers could formulate an argument no matter how deranged

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Sky Dog wrote:

Can I chime in here to all the doomsday....nobody cares anymore posters? Just two weeks ago we get a formal announcement of an unheard song most likely being the first single on the album, everyone flips out, every media outlet in rock and roll is all over it-two weeks ago it was proven that there is still alot of interest for this project outside of the Gnr boards. Whether you are a nutswinger or a doomsday predicter or a middle of the road daily poster, you/we are the lunatic fringe of Gnr fans. The media was all over the leaks and the SR news. When you get a real release date and actual tracklist from Uni, the media will blow up even more. I just don't get the wild mood swings you guys have. We have a new unheard song coming in about a month. Can't we just cool it for awhile, not worry about leaks that date back 2-4 years ago, and be content that it really may happen this time? I guess the difference between me and most of you is that I still firmly believe we will be shocked by the tracklist and I actually think they have a big, grandiose plan in store for us to get us all the material within in a short time. It is the only way Axl can overcome the ridiculously long wait....he almost has to shock and awe at this point. So just chill motherfuckers!:beer:

Incognito
 Rep: 0 

Incognito wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

the only hoarders left right now seem to be very wealthy ones, so $ may not matter. people only want to trade. shackler's revenge could probably be secured for a grand, but nobody will pay it as it could leak on its own at any time. everyone is hoping their tracks aren't on CD1 thinking value will go up when the first volume hits stores. "never had it" has been mentioned a lot lately, but until i hear it, it could just be silliness. hmmmm.

During my 2 week hunt, I encountered an individual who I believed to be legitimate, but he didn't seem motivated much by money either. He really wanted to trade for something vice the cash payoff. He claimed to have 'Sorry' and insisted the only reason he would trade off that particular song was because he knew of multiple people having it and knew it was only a matter of time before it surfaced anyway.

I also dealt with a different individual which eventually led to a phone conversation where he played about a minute of a song over the phone which he called 'Never Had it'. It was a rocker. Kind of sounded like a low quality demo, something like the first IRS. It definitely sounded like Axl's vocals. If it wasn't, it was the best damn impersonator that I have ever heard.

Sometime after the June 18 leaks, I received a cease and desist from the law offices of Davis Shapiro Lewit & Hayes. They claimed to represent Axl Rose and demanded that I immediately stop inciting and requesting leaks. They wanted me to send them in writing that I would stop immediately. I never did send it in writing, but I did comply with their request.

I think Shackler will be the next song we get. I'll be stunned if something else surfaces before that. I agree with MSL, the few other songs that seem to be in circulation will be costly. The FBI propaganda that the gunner camp spread around after the leaks doesn't help matters either.

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

isohunt has Chinese Democracy 14 track album

looks fake thought as i have never heard of many of the song tittles

EDIT: It looks like a virus, so I'd avoid it for now... \backslash

Slashisvr
 Rep: 8 

Slashisvr wrote:

01_Guns_N'_Roses_Better.mp3    5.1 MB
02_Guns_N'_Roses_Chinese Democracy.mp3    7.7 MB
03_Guns_N'_Roses_IRS.mp3    8.8 MB
04_Guns_N'_Roses_Madagascar.mp3    6.1 MB
05_Guns_N'_Roses_Hit Man.mp3    5.9 MB
06_Guns_N'_Roses_Crash.mp3    3.5 MB
07_Guns_N'_Roses_Black Smoke.mp3    6.8 MB
08_Guns_N'_Roses_The Blues.mp3    4.7 MB
09_Guns_N'_Roses_There Was A Time.mp3    5.4 MB
10_Guns_N'_Roses_She.mp3    2 MB
11_Guns_N'_Roses_Back Too.mp3    3.3 MB
12_Guns_N'_Roses_Models.mp3    3.9 MB
13_Guns_N'_Roses_Rock That.mp3    7.1 MB
14_Guns_N'_Roses_Old News.mp3

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

If multiple people have sorry (assuming they all have the same version) it would be harder for the guns camp to pinpoint exactly who leaked it.  So perhaps that is a posibbility.

But Shackler's would have to be a high chance of leaking next (as a side note unlike other pathetic comments I have read on various sites I believe this will have nothing to do with pirates).

What kind of a charge can they make up for inciting/requesting leaks??

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

hrm. do any of those songs sound legit? and can you please send me the download url to that?

Board footer