You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: The "Best Buy" leaks

Sky Dog wrote:

1-2 weeks is too short but a month is not. The problem with pouring more money in to promotion is that you could be putting good money after bad. Personally, I think they should be low key about it. Put it out and let the music do the talking. It is gonna get a ton of free press anyway just for the fact that it really is coming out. All the promotion in the world won't make people like it. It could actually turn them off. Plus, the more you blow it up and promote it, if it stinks, then it will look like an even bigger failure. I would take the conservative route. They already have a song in a major video game and another one in a major movie release. Now, they should put out another track as the single and go from there.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
madagas wrote:

1-2 weeks is too short but a month is not. The problem with pouring more money in to promotion is that you could be putting good money after bad. Personally, I think they should be low key about it. Put it out and let the music do the talking. It is gonna get a ton of free press anyway just for the fact that it really is coming out. All the promotion in the world won't make people like it. It could actually turn them off. Plus, the more you blow it up and promote it, if it stinks, then it will look like an even bigger failure. I would take the conservative route. They already have a song in a major video game and another one in a major movie release. Now, they should put out another track as the single and go from there.

I've been saying that too- If the World or SR is not the first single.  I still believe the first single will be released, and i hope it's something we haven't heard.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I JUST WANT IT *starts to whine like a baby*

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
faldor wrote:

Here's the latest Chinese Democracy rumor to set the interweb on fire:
"From what I am hearing now, Chinese Democracy is still a three disc set, consisting of the following:

a) a CD containing the new material

b) a CD or DVD (not sure which) with live performances

c) a DVD of behind the scenes footage

I'm not interested in live performances. If it was the "holy grail"(HOB show) I might be, but we know that's never being released. That show is irrelevant now anyways.

I also doubt we ever get a behind the scenes DVD. Would be cool if we did though.

If there's a live CD/DVD included, it will likely never be taken out of the case.

I just want a regular album with regular liner notes.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:
faldor wrote:

One of the things that the Spanish-speaking people are apparently hoarding is a behind-the-scenes interview with Axl I think after one of the Mexico shows in 2007.  I think they said this was/*may* be being released with the album.

I wonder if I will soon be able to add this to the uncanny list of 'things they've got right'.:rolleyes:

faldor wrote:

Anyway, it's been a slow news week.

Are you kidding.:haha:

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

It'd be great to get a new DVD out there. Something that tops the Tokyo DVDs performance-wise and feature-wise.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
faldor wrote:

Here's the latest Chinese Democracy rumor to set the interweb on fire:
"From what I am hearing now, Chinese Democracy is still a three disc set, consisting of the following:

a) a CD containing the new material

b) a CD or DVD (not sure which) with live performances

I'm not interested in live performances. If it was the "holy grail"(HOB show) I might be, but we know that's never being released. That show is irrelevant now anyways.

I also doubt we ever get a behind the scenes DVD. Would be cool if we did though.

If there's a live CD/DVD included, it will likely never be taken out of the case.

I just want a regular album with regular liner notes.

If this rumor is true I'd imagine they will have a regular version of CD and then a "deluxe" version with the live CD/DVD so people aren't forced to pay for something they don't want.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the best possible thing axl could do would be to release the film documenting the UYI world tour, the thing that Slash in his book described as the 'thing that would be the most accurate depiction of what they were like as a band', although he did say it was in a vault somewhere. as well as the making of chinese democracy.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

if i can get to-10 ill post nudes

Board footer