You are not logged in. Please register or login.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

Re: First single prediction

GNRBABY wrote:

I think the real single off the record will be "Better". "If The World" is like YCBM, a song supporting a movie...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

I think the real single off the record will be "Better". "If The World" is like YCBM, a song supporting a movie...

YCBM was a single though too. Had a video with the Governator in it and everything. YCBM was a huge hit on the radio. ITW hasn't even been released and likely would not be a big hit anyway even if it was released.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Prostitute.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

YCBM was a single though too. Had a video with the Governator in it and everything. YCBM was a huge hit on the radio. ITW hasn't even been released and likely would not be a big hit anyway even if it was released.

All that is true, but "Don't Cry" was the 1st official single off YUI 1+2.

I think Better or CD will be the 1st single off Chinese Democracy

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
GNRBABY wrote:

All that is true, but "Don't Cry" was the 1st official single off YUI 1+2.

I think Better or CD will be the 1st single off Chinese Democracy

YCBM was the first single and had Civil War as a B side. I remember running to the record store to buy the cassette single. It wasn't just in that movie. YCBM was the launch pad for UYI.

While I don't have problems with the track list, I'm definitely surprised at the lack of any guaranteed hits on this thing, unless one of the three unheard tracks fall in that category. This album needed a 'Vertigo' to connect with the masses, and from the 02 delay to its 08 release, it looks like they were unable to cook up any Vertigos. If they were able to, then one of the three unheard tracks is it.

The three unheard tracks are key.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

CD

Remember, it was one of the "three" played at the Best Buy employee summit.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

what the whole best buy deal means to me is that this album doesnt have to be the album to end all albums...they have the excuse if it doesnt sell, that it was at one store and vice versa... its a win win situation (financially) for the band

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That doesn't really matter much. They wouldn't play anything that hasn't leaked anyway.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

I went with the unknown "Scraped".  But the majority of people really seemed to like "Better" best initially (not me), so that seemed to pass the Pepsi f'in challenge.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

TWAT or Street Of Dreams

Board footer