You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: Pick one song....

FlashFlood wrote:

ya if anything id say it grows OFF you. its one of the first songs that you can "get" in the first couple of listens. straight ahead rock. great song to run to.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

i still don't understand how SR went from like 85% favorable review when it first leaked to pretty much the worst song ever written by any band period.

I think the track would have been better as a stand alone track. It doesn't fit in the context of the album, and even its lovers were disappointed it made the final cut.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

i still don't understand how SR went from like 85% favorable review when it first leaked to pretty much the worst song ever written by any band period.

I think the track would have been better as a stand alone track. It doesn't fit in the context of the album, and even its lovers were disappointed it made the final cut.

Yeah, I agree, and like I said I love the song. Maybe an EP being released in the summer of 2008 with Shackler's, Riad, a finished Silkworms, a new Oh My God, Madagascar, Street of Dreams, along with some 2006-07 live cuts of GN'R classics like WTTJ, PC, SCOM & NR, as a taster for fans.

Then put out CD in November, with the tracks it's got, but seeing new tracks replace Shackler's, Street, Riad & Madagascar - basically Shackler's & the old tracks that have been around for eight years.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

Aside from the 2 singles, Shackler's is the song I've heard most on Sirius/XM Octane.  I still dig the song.  Then again, I dig them all.

GNRBABY
 Rep: 4 

GNRBABY wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Shackler's Revenge.

Why? Because it's the best song on the album.

I get so Jacked when I hear this song! I love it! It is so visual!

I usally play "Better" first. With people who haven't heard a lick of CD I usally play Better, Shacklers', If The World, and finish with CITR - because it has a "classic" sound to it. Most people generally like those four in that order. I feel it gives a well-rounded, compact summary of the album

Sky Dog wrote:

I would play Catcher in the Rye, Prostitute, or TWAT first depending on who I was playing it for.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah it depends on the type of person listing to it.

However I think Maddy is VERY strong...it was what converted me.

I remember watching Rio3 and thinking to myself "where's slash, this isn't GNR etc" and then Axl broke out that song and all was forgiven and I began to be really interested in the modern eras of the band.

Board footer