You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Re: Soundgarden CONFIRM New Material and Album

Saikin wrote:

Our Goal For 2011- Let’s Make A Record!

Over the past few months, we’ve been busy jamming, writing and hanging out together – exploring the creative aspect of being Soundgarden. It feels great. We have some cool new songs that we are going to record very soon. Thank you for all of the support!

Loudest of Love,

Ben, Chris , Kim and Matt

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

WOW. yikes 11 I'm literally in shock.

This is a new direction than any previous undertaking by the band. When recording albums during their heyday, they would take breaks and road test the new material before it was even near release. As we all know, Cornell has a small acoustic tour scheduled for April-May with the possibility of some more dates added.

Starting to look like if Soundgarden is becoming an actual creative entity once again, it will be in the style of the Beatles throughout most of their career.....albums and no touring. SG popping up at festivals sometime in the future obviously not out of the question but it looks like a U.S./world tour will never be on the table.

While one of my biggest regrets in the 90s is not seeing a Soundgarden concert and I always hoped to do so someday, I am perfectly content with just getting hit over the head with new material for the remainder of their career.

Looking forward to more info coming out regarding new music. Said it before but I'll say it again....some of those old B sides need to be rerecorded and unleashed on the masses as new tracks. Karaoke has hit single written all over it. Basically a statement against poseur, cookie cutter, manufactured artists and it's more relevant today than the day it was recorded. I'd also wager my left nut that Kyle Petty would be number 1 on every rock chart on the planet.

Just record 8 to 10 new songs, rerecord about 3 or 4 of their old B sides and they've got a killer album ready for launch.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

[youtube]PIk6lIPhHIg&feature=related[/youtube]

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Very... fucking... REASSURING.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

seatut73 (who works for the well respected Easy Street Records in Seattle which hosted a Pearl Jam Backspacer release party in 2009) posted the following on the PearlJam.com forums regarding new Soundgarden material:

got to hear 2 new songs a few weeks ago…one was very VERY rocking…the other had Ben singing on it, sounded a lot like a Mark Lanegan tune (which is good)…will be interesting to see what else they come up with…

jimmythegent
 Rep: 30 

jimmythegent wrote:

absolutely hyped for this! TOTAL FUCKING GODHEAD

seriously, i couldn't have asked for more - like James, Im itching for the rarities and unreleased gems, but unlike a lot of bands that reform, I think Soundgarden will pay justice to their legacy

never thought this would happen, so am elated. This for me holds more anticipation than Chinese

smoke
 Rep: 77 

smoke wrote:

I'm so psyched they're doing this! And I'd be more than cool with them going the Beatles route if it means they can put out music again.

Saikin

Saikin wrote:

Matt Cameron said on Pearl Jam Radio that Soundgarden have been writing new songs since December and that they will start recording early next month.  He said the process has been great so far.  He also said the following about Soundgarden:

-Writing songs for both Pearl Jam and Soundgarden, hinted that Soundgarden are working around Pearl Jam’s schedule.  Seemed to hint that he’ll be able to juggle playing live with both bands later this year.

-Gave a vague answer to a question regarding Soundgarden/Temple of the Dog happening at Pearl Jam’s 20th Anniversary Bash. He didn’t rule it out.  There were tons of jokes and hints about it happening.

-Said Superunknown was when he was peaking as a drummer

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTHNET

SOUNDGARDEN To Enter Studio 'In About A Week,' Says CHRIS CORNELL http://bit.ly/humdFe about 8 hours ago via twitterfeed

jamester
 Rep: 84 

jamester wrote:

BLABBERMOUTH.NET
CHRIS CORNELL Balancing SOUNDGARDEN With Solo Career http://bit.ly/hx0Kyx

Board footer